Tuesday, March 19, 2013

God's Lesson: Patience



Colossians 1:10-12 (emphasis mine)
...so that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God,  being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, and giving joyful thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of his holy people in the kingdom of light.


I believe that God is teaching me patience and peace. So far, our stove is still not fixed and might not be, until the end of the week, if we are lucky. It has been a week tomorrow that we have no stove. I miss it. I miss it a lot. The store is replacing the part instead of the whole thing like we were hoping. Even though it is only 2 years old, we were hoping to be able to purchase a different model since this is out second Frigidaire which has had some form of problem with the control panel. This one, the wires were closerthanthis to catching fire. They were crackly and falling apart when the man came to see what it needed. He said we were lucky because if there were flames, the entire kitchen and possibly the house (depending on how fast the fire department was able to get here) would have been up in flames. 

We were lucky.

I've said it myself, but was it really luck or was it God's hand at work?  I'm 99% certain that God's voice was urging Joel to get the extinguisher out in the first place. I know that it was God telling me to use the extinguisher when I did. I hate to even think of what might have happened if I ignored his voice? 

We were lucky.

Proverbs 16:33
The lot is cast into the lap, 
but every decision is from the Lord.

Luck or no luck, God is the one who is ultimately in control. God was certainly in control when he prevented an outright fire last week. We did not have a physical hand of God come and snuff out the smoldering wire, but his voice was in our heads. 

The part for the stove came today, and we have a general appointment made for the service, but no time as of yet. I'm not sure there is even a confirmation on the day as of yet. Patience, Karen, patience.

Psalm 145
I will exalt you, my God the King; I will praise your name for ever and ever. Every day I will praise you and extol your name for ever and ever. Great is the Lord and most worthy of praise; his greatness no one can fathom. ...

I have a nice drawer with beautiful and delicious vegetables that I had bought last week for me to have yummy stir-fries, sautes, etc. I fear they will be a wasted purchase unless anyone knows how to saute on an electric griddle? Anyone? I miss my stove, but I also miss my vegetables.

Patience, Karen.

God's blessings to you and may he bless you with patience as well.
~Karen