Right now, I am not thankful for my cat's voice, as she has been meowing the E.N.T.I.R.E. morning so far. The entire morning. I cannot figure out what she wants, or needs. She has been petted, fed, has plenty of water...even picked her up and put her on my bed - this is a no-no because she likes to poo on it. I just want her to stop meowing. It is not a "clean" pure meow either. She's developed a gravely meow which just irritates. But in this instant - right now! - I am trying very, very, very hard to focus on the fact that I am thankful for the cat because she is Bella's playmate, her constant sniff-friend. Seriously, besides her licking constantly, I have never seen a dog who sniffed so much! My pets are weird.
Aah, a moment of pea-nope, spoke too soon. A blessed moment of silence that has ended too soon. Koko, my cat, is rubbing against my leg, but does not want to be touched. She is about 13 years old so she is entitled to her little idiosyncrasies, but nipping when she rubs to be petted will not be an entitlement. She is now laying on the dog.
Anyway, here are some of the things I have decided to focus on to be thankful today:
- the promise of a new day
- a roof over my family's head which keeps us warm, dry and sheltered
- my husband
- my husband's job which he works very hard at to provide for all our needs
- my children (after 2 losses, they are a blessing even on a very bad day)
- the sun which is trying to peek out from behind the clouds
- my pets, even though they are definitely weird
- dirty glasses and dishes because that means that we have food and drinks
- the green plants poking up through the soil, fighting to grow (Spring is coming, ya'll!)
- a school where safety comes first
- teachers who really seem to care about each student
- THE FREEDOM TO ATTEND WHATEVER CHURCH I WANT to WORSHIP MY GOD!!!
- my life... plain and simple
Trust me, it took me a while to come up with this list of things because I was not feeling very thankful to be awake. Especially when I was the only one awake for a brief moment.
It's a beautiful day today. God has blessed us with a brand new day. Enjoy it, no matter where you are or what you have to do, do it for God's glory. Whatever task you are given, do it to the best of your ability. Even if you hate it, do it well, because:
God's blessings to you, my friends.