Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Giving Up is Not the Answer

Good morning! What a morning this is. Though it is cloudy, it is still a brand new day, with brand new chances to right some wrongs, begin anew, reach out your hands and just say, "Thank you, God, for this new day. It WILL be a good day because you have blessed me with this new day. In Jesus' name, Amen." It may be cloudy outside, the sun may be hidden from my view, but it is shining brightly in my heart.

Okay, last night I was troubled. A friend of mine was THISCLOSE or probably more precisely, TCHLIOSSE (if you can't read that, it is this close, interchanged) to giving in and giving up. She said that she did not want prayers. Well, anyone who knows me, knows that I will be praying anyway. She sounded completely overwhelmed with her life, and just had gotten horrendous news affecting her family, not once, not twice, but three times yesterday. Now I know that you are thinking how can people think about giving up. You are wondering what can be so bad to make them give up. I know, I was thinking it too.

You see, my friend has a lot going on in her life. Her family has health issues, an assorted array of them, money issues like many people among other things. She is a strong person who was being attacked at a crucial time. Satan was on her with more than she thought she could handle. On her own, she could not. But, she isn't, and wasn't on her own. Jesus is right there by her side, through it all. The problem, I believe, was that she couldn't feel him through all that Satan was throwing at her. He was giving it hard and fast. Get your mind out of the gutter, people, didn't mean it that way.

When my friend was on her knees, completely broken, Satan was on her in that instant and taking her down. She felt like giving up, giving in and honestly thought that she would. Jesus has other plans for her. Better plans. Happy plans. Life gives us many struggles, and yes, God does let them happen. There are things that we need to learn and remember. At times, suffering has to be endured to learn - sometimes again - that we need Him. We cannot get through life without him. We are to lean on him.

God will never give us more than we can handle without Him. I know that this is often misquoted and used completely in the wrong way. Think about it. How much can we handle on our own, without God? Our God loves us so much that He sacrificed his own son, his only son to save our eternal life. God knows exactly how much we can handle on our own. He knows our breaking points. I can tell you that it is higher than we think it is. He has created each and every one of us. He knows us inside and out, much better than we do. He knows our strengths, our weaknesses. He is on our side, people!

The God who created us with purpose, and ON purpose. He makes no mistakes, has no misconceptions about us and who we are. He wants so much for us, so much good for us. He never gives up on us, but we do give up on ourselves. There are times when we are so lost, so afraid, so alone, thinking that there is no one to understand. Thinking that God doesn't care about us because he didn't/doesn't/won't answer our prayers. We tend to forget that our time is completely different than God's time. We forget that he knows what we need, when we need it and he does answer our prayers.

Think about your answered prayers. I know you have them. Dig deep is you need to. God does and will answer our prayers in the way we NEED them to be answered, not necessarily how we want them to be. God has given me answered prayer. How do I know that he's answered my prayers? This is a simple one really. I am alive still. See, simple.

Anyway, back to my friend. I did what she did not want, by praying. I just NEEDED to be praying for her. I felt it to my core. She needed prayer. She needed to know that God was there, caring for her, was holding her tight.  I know that I am not, was not the only one praying for her. I believe that all her friends were praying for her. She may have wanted to give up, but her friends were not giving up on her. God was not giving up on her, nor was he going to let her give up on herself.

Last night was a Valley that she was walking in, staggering in probably. God was right there with her, but she was blinded to him, completely blinded and felt alone. Everything she could see and hear was from and of Satan. He forced her to focus on him instead of God, like she desperately needed. He is such a trickster, a deceiver, that Satan is. He feeds our minds with lies and misconstrued thoughts. He finds our weaknesses and uses them to keep us blinded and feeling alone.

This morning, my friend was ok. Life is still going to be tough. It will be filled with struggles and joy. For all the joyful and happy times, we have to get through the struggles and hard times to truly enjoy them. Otherwise, those joys are felt less, not appreciated as much, or at times, at all. My friend, I believe is feeling God's hand in her life. She is feeling his arms holding her, not letting her fall. She has blown Satan's mind with her strength. She has God on her side, fighting for her. What else could she need? She has friends who love and care enough to not give up on her. We are here to remind each other that God is with us.

 
"The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters. He restores my soul; He leads me in the paths of righteousness For His name’s sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; For You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me...."
Psalm 23
 
Remember that God is always with us, he is for us and wants the best for us. He won't ever, ever give up on us. Your friends will not give up on you. To all my friends out there reading this, if you are struggling, remember that you ARE loved, you ARE worthy of God's love. You ARE stronger than you think you are and if you need to, yell, holler and scream. Get the frustrations out. Then, pray. Pray again. Once you are done praying, pray again. Even if you don't know what to say, just tell God, "Abba (dad), I have no words. I don't know how to pray. Listen to my heart. Hear the words I don't know how to say. In Jesus' name, Amen." When we don't have the words, or even coherent thoughts, the Holy Spirit intercedes for us, prays for us. God always listens. No matter the time, he never sleeps. His ears are always open. He is just waiting on us. The ball is in our court and it is up to us now. What are you going to do?

Love you all, have a blessed, happy day and God bless.
~Karen