Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Thoughts Become Words Which Become Reality

Wow, we are in October already! Just yesterday it was September. I know, I know. My only excuse is that it is nearly 8 pm.

Anyway..... I have been really made aware of my negativity over the summer. I had been stuck in that rut of feeling sorry for myself and could not seem to shake the negative talk. Things were coming out as thoughts, which turned into words. Words that became my reality. I thought that the day would go bad and basically declared it into being a bad day.

For those of you who heard this "failure" talk, if you will, I sincerely apologize. It is not easy to admit to wrongdoings but I have certainly done that.

I bought a book yesterday. This is also admittedly commonplace. This particular book was purchased for the sole reason of my liking the sample for the Kindle. The one and only line I read was, "You cannot speak defeat and expect victory." Kablam! That was a knock-you-upside-the-head moment. This is exactly what I was doing. I would speak things like, "this day is going to be a bad day because..." or "_______ but I'm not...." and "I don't feel good, I'm sure it will be worse later." etc.

(The book, as I am sure you are probable a little bit curious about is, I DECLARE by Joel Osteen.)

"You cannot speak defeat and expect victory."

That simple thought, that one little line has so much power and truth to it. You, like me, have millions of thoughts. It is so very easy for them to overflow and spill out as words. These words become our reality. The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit. PROVERBS 18:21 Basically whatever comes out of our mouth will become true.

We will eat what comes from our tongues. I, for one need to stop speaking defeat, death over my life and start speaking victory and life instead. God wants us to enjoy life, and not be unhappy. Life was not made to be easy but it can seem much easier if we remained focused on positives. When you wake up and there is a beautiful sunrise, even when you are so tired and want to be buried under your covers, look at the sunrise. Actually view the sunrise and take notice of the colors. Thank the Lord out loud for the beautiful sunrise, the blessing of another day on earth with your loved ones. If you are beyond words tired of doing dishes, be thankful that you have food to dirty those plates. When your children drive you absolutely bonkers, hug them and tell them how thankful you are that they are in your life to drive you bonkers. Believe me, life is so much better when you have children, to refocus yourself and be thankful - OUT LOUD - of those children that God has blessed you with. Then at the end of the day and they are asleep, watch them for a few minutes. Look at the simple peace on their faces. Remember how they have looked over the years, all the way back to the first moments when you first held them in your arms.

 I encourage you to purposefully find the good things, things that bring you peace, joy and life and say out loud, "Lord, I thank your for all the good that you bless me with. Thank you for ___________ that is _______ right now. Open my eyes, Abba, to the blessing that I miss. Make me aware of the things that are meant for joy and help me to overlook the negative. I lift up all the negative thoughts, attitudes, words that are now /have been filling my life for too long. Help me to remain focused on you, Lord. Help my thoughts to be from you. Guide me, Abba. I I DECLARE that this will be a great day. I DECLARE that speak words of life and not death. I will not bring death to my life. I choose life, Abba. Help me to live it the way that you mean for it to be lived. Thank you for your love, Abba. Thank you for your arms that hold me close, for you constant and unchanging love for me. In Jesus' holy name, AMEN".

Speaking victory over your life - out loud - brings it into being. If you think you will be happy, you will be happy. Mind over matter people. If you think that the day is going to go well, you will have a good day. Force yourself to say one positive thing every 30 minutes. I know that it can be a stretch to come up with something. Even a simple, small positive thought, such as "I am strong. I am blessed. I am loved." can change your attitude and whole being.

Speak victory, not defeat. Think your thoughts but only let the positive out. When it is a rough day, speak the opposite. When it is a good day, be thankful and say so, out loud. Speaking our words out loud helps us to truly hear them. It helps us to focus on those words and they become our reality.

Dear Abba, I thank you for all the things that you have blessed me with. Thank your for my husband, my two sons. Thank you for your love, such a powerful love that sent your own precious son. Thank you for a warm, dry home, food that fills our bellies, clothing that covers us. Thank you for the blessing of family, the friends that become family and protection that you provide for us. Bless us, Abba-God with a great night with peaceful, restful sleep and a good day tomorrow. Even if the sun hides behind the clouds, help us to see the beauty in the day. In Jesus' name, AMEN!

God's blessing to you, my friends.
~Karen