Sunday, October 4, 2015

#TealPumpkinProject... *

HAPPY OCTOBER EVERYONE!

Image result for teal pumpkin
Hello to October friends! I love sweater weather. This is one of my favorite seasons. Well, if I really let myself think on it, it is probably my all-time favorite time of the year.


Who doesn't love the cool, crisp air.... the smell of the leaves as they turn color and eventually fall to the ground? The sight of pumpkins carved into unique jack o'lanterns, hay rides, sweater weather!

Image result for october pictures

My favorite thing about this time of year is my Pumpkin Spice Candle. It is currently burning in my living room and the entire area smells like fresh baked pumpkin pie or possibly a yummy pumpkin roll.

Image result for pumpkin pie
Image result for pumpkin pie and pumpkin roll









This year for Halloween, I have a challenge for you. I don't know if any of you have heard about this before, but it is called the #TealPumpkinProject where you display a Teal colored pumpkin in an obvious place and hand out non-edible treats, instead of candy.

Image result for teal pumpkin project
There are so many children who have food allergies and they aren't going to be able to read labels or really know if the candy they are receiving is going to be safe for them. Please consider handing out glow sticks, stickers, Dollar Tree toys, or other things this year. Where there are Teal pumpkins on display, the families know that it is a safe place for their children to go. No one wants to be left out of the festivities, especially children.


I hope to see lots of Teal Pumpkin pictures on FaceBook and Instagram. Please share about this project and tell your friends to share!

Here is a link to the FARE website for more information.http://www.foodallergy.org/teal-pumpkin-project#

*The TEAL PUMPKIN PROJECT and the Teal Pumpkin Image are trademarks of Food Allergy Research & Education (FARE).

God Bless and have a great October friends!
~Karen